Thursday 28 November 2013

VeganizeSeattle Thanksgiving Addition



It's Wheat Meat Bitches
 
 
     So, I didn't cook traditional thanksgiving fare, I am not supposed to celebrate it as I am Muslim.  But I wanted to make something.  Aside from my nice glass of apple cider with  mulled spices I decided to make some wheat meat.  It's made from vital wheat gluten, and most call it Seitan, but I am not eating something that sounds like the master of evil, and it's too cute for that name anyhow lol.
 
 
     I tripled up on the recipe because I wanted to have extra in the fridge.  I know it's made of a wheat gluten, which sounds like nothing but carbs.  But this stuff is mostly protein, which is why it's so good for a meat alternative, so I want to see if one could manage to do a low carb diet using this stuff.  I will let you know, I am a bit scared of overdoing it and developing a gluten allergy lol. 
 
    The taste is phenomenal!!!  Check out the spice mix, I stole the recipe from another blog, here's the link  http://yeahthatveganshit.blogspot.com/2007/04/infamous-seitan-recipe-o-greatness.html
 


No comments:

Post a Comment