Friday 8 November 2013

The Beginning

    
     Lately I've been looking into getting healthier, and the two large steps one can make to change their health for the better are changes to your diet, and being physically active.  I've been watching documentaries, reading books and information online, basically wherever I can.  The conclusion is that I've decided to become vegan.

  ...Well, mostly vegan.  I can't guarantee there won't be a splurge now and then on something non vegan, but it all depends... they say your taste buds change so we will see.  Honestly though it's about moderation.  Who knows, maybe I will be completely satisfied by the switch.  To make that switch to my tastebuds and shock my system I am going to try to do 28 days of completely plant based and oil free.  After that I have given thought to the mostly vegan idea, maybe 6 days a week completely vegan/plant based, and once a week allowing myself a cheat meal.

     I should also mention that this is dietary reasons.  I can't make a claim that I don't own any leather or fur, and I also can't claim that I want to get rid of these items.  Does this make me a mean, cruel person?  Some may think so, but that's your opinion and your entitled to it.  Do I agree?  No, but I respect people and their opinions, and long as they understand I have mine.

      I start this blog to benefit other people who might be interested in plan based diets, or being vegan, or mostly vegan.  As well, it will help me sort out my thought process along the way.  I will say I've already done mostly plan based for about three weeks, and I am pleased with the results.  I had my blood work done at my doctors office last week and my numbers have already started to improve, and for the first time in a long time my blood pressure has been steadily normal.  Weight loss?  Not so much, but a few lbs, so I will take it and hope it continues.

     Let's see where we can go with this, I welcome comments and questions.  Also, if you have anything you want to recommend or share then by all means, let me know.

Signing off for now,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment