Sunday 24 November 2013

So how's that switch to a vegan diet going?


     People have made comments that going vegan would be so hard.  In some ways yes, like products that have milk or milk by product.  There were these new England tofu rolls I made, which I will include for you here soon my friends, and they show in the book pared with potato chips.  I wanted it with potato chips, looked good to me and made me crave a salty treat.  Do you know how hard it is to find potato chips that don't have milk fat in them?  I must have looked like mister fatty mcfat fat while looking at every chip bag in the enormous chip isle. SIGH.  I did find some though and they were good, but if you have problems eating just a serving of potato chips I might recommend finding something else to pair with.

    In other ways, the switch is pretty easy.  As I said, I am not going to be some crazy vegan Nazi with myself.  If I want something with a little milk in it, or I crave something like chicken or what have you I am not going to deprive myself.  I will say, I have had meat twice in the last month or so, and it made me sick.  Not the thought of it, I literally got ill.  I think your body starts to put itself through  detox of the richer products.  As well, while I may miss things including milk like milk chocolate; dairy milk itself is something I never quite enjoyed.

     Cheese.  I loved me some dairy cheese though.  I am finding some quite lovely vegan cheese though.  Mostly the daiya brand.  But goodness is it expensive!  There is a book about artisan vegan cheeses, and making them on your own.  I will most likely buy this book and give it a go, but I am not sure how much of a fuss I want to go to in that arena.

     Generally I am feeling better, not really seeing a lot of weight loss though... but then again this is the month of my birthday, and everybody and their brother wants to take me out to  lunch or dinner.  I do plan on being the on who loses weight over the holidays though.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make your own potato chips. Potatoes, mandolin slicer, olive oil, salt and an oven. Or try kale chips if you haven't already. Kale, olive oil, salt and an oven. I love me potatoes but kale chips are quicker, easier and AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete