Sunday 24 November 2013

New England Tofu

New England Tofu
 
     I remember telling you all about this, I took a photo of it next to the photo in the book.  You see it's supposed to be New England Tofu Rolls.  I am loving this simple recipe!  I add a little bit of dill to it for a zing.  I can tell this recipe is going to be very versatile, I see a vegan version of egg salad coming out of this, you probably would just have to doctor it slightly with a good mustar, it doesn't need much more.  I miss a good egg salad sandwich... so guess what I will be taking to work tomorrow for lunch :o)

     I discovered that I am not so good at holding the fat bitch inside down though, I bought some Kroger brand sweet potato chips to go with this, and for lunch I admit to eating the bag.  I just don't think I am at the point I can have something sweet and savory in the house and not have it inhaled, don't think I am quite there yet.

     Any of you who might be reading, where do you find your vegan fare?  In the greater Seattle area we have some awesome stores for this, or at least it's fabled.  I live North of Seattle in Everett, and I just don't fancy driving into the city and paying for parking just for grocery shopping.  In the Pacific Northwest we have a Kroger owned store called Fred Meyer, and I LOVE YOU Fred Meyer!  Good selection, fair price, and I quite loved my 20 cents fuel discount today.  Also, I discovered they have herbs in bulk!

   And... yes, I got into trouble with the herbs in bulk.  Not really trouble, I got my whole mustard seeds and cumin seeds, to toast up with coriander and some other herbs to make a Sambar for some Indian cooking!  And... my apartment smells amazing!

     One thing I have to say about the cookbook I listed that I am currently sampling from, it's a godsend for a single or busy person.  It would be great for two as well.  The fact I can put things in the croc-pot and save on time is great.  I do find myself tweaking the spice ratios in the recipes, but I find this with most cook books, we all have our own tastes.  It's no fault to the author.

     I bought a croc pot trio, three 1.5 croc pots connected, buffet serving style.  Setup on my counter and it's a cooking dynamo, I highly recommend!


  



No comments:

Post a Comment