Sunday 24 November 2013

It's Cold Here In The Pacific Northwest!!!


     EEEEEEH!  I woke up this morning an damn is it cold.  It makes me want to bake and eat utter nonsense.  I guess there's a time and place for it, but certainly not while you're alone in your apartment and hungry in the morning lol. 

     I think I may have to find something sensible with almond flour I can make and post it up for you all.  Ooh, perfect cold weather speak... let me find a photo really quick.


The Keurig V700 Brewer
 
     So, I had one of the original Keurig brewers, one of their smallest single serve models with no water tank.  It was okay, I liked the convenience, but I never quite found the K cups to make coffee as strong as I like it. When that machine died (not on their part, it was an old machine and it was its time) I replaced it with a programmable drip coffee maker, but I almost NEVER used it.  Before work I am up early early, and I am half zombie and stumbling around... so unless it's super easy I am not preparing and brewing coffee.  On the off chance I filled the coffee maker the night before so the automatic programmed brewer would work, you then have the hassle of the coffee grounds.
 
     Grrr coffee grounds!!!  When you're single it can take some time to fill  a garbage can.  Cofee grounds get stinky, they get moldy, not to mention they have a tendency to hold water.  Not a pretty sight, taking out the garbage three floors down and there is water dripping from the garbage bad.  Makes your neighbors wonder just what you're disposing of.  YOU if you don't stop staring lookee-lou.
 
     Back to the machine, I just bought one of these.  How do I like it?  I could not be happier with my purchase!  They have some newer Vue models, I think this was either the first or the second.  It has quite a sufficient water tank, it has an led touch screen to make your coffee and/or tea selections, and it looks pretty on my counter!  The tray you see at the bottom removed so you can fit a travel mug under the machine (I've not tried this, because usually when leaving the house it's to take the bus downtown to work, I usually make my coffee there because I've missed the boat to do so at home).  However, I buy quite large mugs and have brewed a 12 ounce cup, which happens to be the travel mug size!  How is quality you ask?  WONFERFUL!  With the newer machines you can adjust your brew strength, your cup size (8oz, 10oz, 12oz), the cups are bigger, which goes to argue more grounds more coffee or stronger coffee, and it holds true!  Along with coffee I tried their hot cocoa and it was delicious.  You can also brew over ice with this, and as well adjust the brewing heat... but I've not quite used these functions yet.  Would I recommend the machine?  Absolutely 100%

No comments:

Post a Comment